Bicheno is a little over 30 km north from Coles Bay, Not far at all, but there is plenty to do.
Here’s some ideas to get you started:
– Visit the Douglas Apsley National Park
– Bicheno Penguin Tours offer a fantastic experience. Operating since 1992, they really know their little furry locals!
– Bicheno Nature World. Explore their Tasmanian Wildlife exhibits and sanctuary in a beautiful bush setting. You will see Wallabies, Forrester Kangaroos, Wombats, and Tasmanin Devils, amog other things.
– Waubs Bay, a gallery – located in the heart of Bicheno, waubs bay focuses on exhibiting high quality local artists in various mediums including, but not limited to, paintings, photography, ceramics, textiles, wood or jewelry.
– Bicheno Glass Bottom Boat tours. An eco-tourism experience operating daily from The Gulch. View marine wildlife and learn about the history of the area.
– Bicheno Motorcycle Museum and Restoration, suitable for both motorcycle enthusiasts and novices!
– Some more useful Links;
Tasmanian East Coast
Things to do in Bicheno